I've been seeing a lot of prints lately that have reversed type- the lettering is the only part that isn't painted- and I wanted to give it a try. So this past weekend I grabbed some watercolor paper, busted out my paints and got to work.
First I drew out my lettering to then started to carefully paint around the edges. Watercolor is so fun to work with. You can do so many different things with the paint and watching how the different colors and water interact is my favorite part.
After I had painted everything I decided that it needed some green added. So I started adding a layer of green over the top of everything. And this was when I realized that buying quality paper is a wonderful thing. Though it had been 2 days since I had painted some of the areas, I could still smooth things out when I went over them. Magic.
Once I was satisfied with the colors, I hung it up in my bedroom. With scotch tape... Don't worry- I have plans for a frame in the near future. I just need my husband to bust out his saw.
And there you have it. One weekend and now we have something to fill that blank space that has been staring at me for 5 years! A win all around.